Friday, October 14th, 2022
ATLANTA – Today, Team Herschel released a statement on the rising average price of gas in Georgia. According to data from the Energy Information Administration (EIA), gas demand increased nationally from 8.83 million barrels a day to 9.47 million barrels a day last week, and total domestic gasoline stocks decreased significantly by 4.7 million barrels to 207.5 million barrels.
- In 2021, Warnock voted against canceling the Biden Administration’s ban on oil and gas leasing on federal lands (8/10/21)
- In 2021, Warnock voted three times against legislation to prohibit a ban on fracking (Senate Roll Call Votes: 2/4/21, 2/5/21, 8/10/21)
- In 2021, Warnock voted four times against advancing the Keystone XL Pipeline, killing roughly 11,000 good-paying jobs in the process (Senate Roll Call Votes: 2/4/21, 2/5/21, 3/6/21, 3/6/21)
- Warnock has a 100% lifetime rating from the League Of Conservation Voters, a group leading advocacy of the Green New Deal (National Environmental Scorecard, League Of Conservation Voters)
- Warnock recently voted against lowering gas prices for the people of Georgia.
“Raphael Warnock fought tooth and nail to give up our energy independence and gave Georgians skyrocketing gas prices in return,” said campaign spokesman Will Kiley. “He can try all he wants to blame everyone else for these high prices at the pump but Georgians won’t fall for Warnock’s excuses in November. Georgia families shouldn’t have to keep choosing between paying for gas or groceries due to his recklessness. It’s time to replace Warnock with someone who will work for Georgians, not against them.”