Last modified and effective on August 26, 2021.
2. WHAT INFORMATION DOES TEAM HERSCHEL COLLECT?
3. HOW DOES TEAM HERSCHEL USE INFORMATION THAT IT COLLECTS?
A. Except as prohibited by the terms and conditions of any applicable Third Party Platform (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and subject to Section 4, we may use the information we collect for, among other things, the following purposes:
- Sending you Team Herschel and any affiliated committees’ marketing, promotional, e-mails, messages, and other correspondence and notifications regarding the Services; (Text messaging originator opt-in data and consent will not be shared with any affiliated committees.)
- To notify you about new features and offerings of the Services, including, but not limited to, promotions, events, discounts, news about products and services, and/or special offers;
- Delivery of features, content, services, and products available to you through the Services based on your location;
- Allowing affiliates, service providers, contractors, agents, sponsors, and other third parties to assist us in providing and managing the Services;
- Contacting you regarding the administration of any features or functions of the Services you have registered to use;
- Sending you information about your relationship or transactions with us;
- Marketing and promoting the Services, including, without limitation, promotions and other initiatives and activities;
- For the prevention and detection of fraud or infringement of our or any third party’s rights;
- Responding to your questions or other requests;
- Subject to applicable contractual or legal restrictions, in connection with the sale or exchange of Service user information and related data to a broker, political committee, or other non-profit or for-profit entity;
- Tailoring your experience on the Services and/or otherwise customizing what you see when you visit and use the Services;
- Saving your User Account, registration and profile data or other information (so you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit or use the Services);
- Tracking your return visits to and use of the Services;
- For other purposes disclosed at the time you provide us with the information or which are reasonably necessary to provide the Services or other related product and/or service requested;
- For research purposes, for marketing/promotional purposes and/or to provide anonymous reporting for Third Party Platforms, etc.;
- Accumulating and reporting aggregate, statistical information in connection with the Services and user activity;
- Determining which features and services users like best to help us operate the Services, enhance and improve our services and the Services and display advertising and marketing information; and
- Saving certain information for your ongoing use of the Services.
4. OPTING-OUT OF CERTAIN USES OF YOUR INFORMATION.
A. User Account Privacy Settings. With regard to Team Herschel apps, to the extent they are available, you may be able to adjust certain privacy, permission and User Account settings by responding to request alerts or notifications that may be presented to you on your Device prior to or following the collection of the relevant information or by navigating to the settings, account or privacy section (as the case may be) of your Device or the applicable Third Party Platform and limiting certain Service functionality (e.g., location services, etc.). Please be aware that if you limit the collection of certain information, you may not be able to use all of the features and functionality of the Services. B. Marketing and Promotional Communications. At times, you may be presented with the option of whether to subscribe to receive, or be automatically entered to receive, certain marketing and promotional communications from us and/or affiliated committees that we think will be of interest to you. We may send you such communications by text message if we have received your consent to do so or is otherwise able to send you such communications by text message in compliance with all applicable laws. Recipients of such communications can unsubscribe by either following the specific instructions included in such communications or by “opting-out” of receiving marketing and promotional e-mails from us at any time by visiting www.teamherschel.com/pref/unsubscribe; sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Unsubscribe” in the subject line; or writing to Team Herschel, Inc., Attn: Privacy Matters, PO Box 501707, Atlanta, GA 31150. When writing, please include your full name, address, zip, and phone number. Recipients of text messages may “opt-out” of our mobile messaging program by replying “STOP” to any mobile message you receive from us or to 34134, or by contacting us via the means provided above and clearly communicating your intent to unsubscribe from our mobile messaging program. Other privacy requests can be emailed to email@example.com. Please note that “opt-out” and “unsubscribe” requests may not take effect immediately and may take a reasonable amount of time to receive, process, and apply, during which time your information shall remain subject to the prior privacy settings. Additionally, you should be aware that any information provided to third parties prior to your election to opt-out or unsubscribe cannot be retrieved or rescinded by us unless required by applicable law, and you cannot retroactively opt-out or unsubscribe with respect to such third parties. Please note that in order to keep you informed about the operation of our Services and related services, we may always send you emails and announcements that are needed for the proper functioning and administration of our Services, including for the purposes described in Section 3 above, in connection with your use of such Services. We may also have features that allow you to submit information, questions, or feedback to us. In those instances, we may retain your emails and other information you submit to us for our internal purposes and to help us to serve you better. C. Privacy Preferences. You may also change certain privacy preferences (e.g., choose to cease receiving certain communications or ask us not to share your personal information with a particular third party) by sending an email with “PRIVACY REQUEST” in the subject line to us at detailing your privacy request. If you ask us to stop using your personal information, we will honor that request, provided that we may retain a record of such information as necessary to comply with applicable law and we may continue to use your contact information to contact you about your Services-related transactions and to respond to your requests, as well as your IP address to determine the country in which you are accessing the Services. Consumers may also have the option to modify other privacy preferences for any Team Herschel apps that may become available (e.g., deactivating your User Account, etc.) by modifying your User Account settings. D. Opting-Out of Use of Certain Information That May be Collected by Tracking Technologies.
- Tracking Technologies: Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies (other than Flash cookies) and allow local storage, but you should be able to change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, local storage is being used, and/or to block cookies and/or the use of local storage altogether. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information. Please note that by blocking any or all cookies you may not have access to certain features, content and/or other personalization available through the Services.
- Flash Cookies: Users can manage the use of Flash technologies, with the Flash management tools available at Adobe’s website, see http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security/privacy_policy/faq.html.
- Do-Not-Track Signals: Certain browsers transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which such browsers communicate; however, this feature, and how it is used and activated, varies from browser to browser. Therefore, it is not clear whether the signals are intentionally transmitted by a user, or whether a user is even aware of this. Despite current efforts, there is still disagreement amongst leading Internet standards organizations, industry groups, technology companies and regulators, concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals and no standard has been adopted to date. We take privacy and security very seriously. With respect to “do not track signals,” we currently do not respond to do-not-track signals. Third parties may collect information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different Internet websites or online services when the consumer uses our Services. If a standard is established and accepted, we may reassess how to respond to do-not-track signals.
E. Your Nevada Privacy Rights. Under Nevada Law, Nevada residents have the right to submit a verified request directing us not to sell certain personal information about you that we have collected or may collect. To submit such a request, Nevada residents can email firstname.lastname@example.org with “NEVADA PRIVACY REQUEST” in the subject line. We will respond to such verified requests within 60-90 days.
5. SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
6. DATA COLLECTION FROM CHILDREN.
This website complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. We do not knowingly contact or collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without appropriate parental notice and consent, and our Services are not intended to solicit information of any kind from children under the age of 13. If we are informed that we have unintentionally received personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information. If you want to notify us of our possible receipt of information by children under the age of 13, please contact us at email@example.com with “PRIVACY REQUEST” in the subject line. Please visit https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/privacy-and-security/children%27s-privacy for information from the Federal Trade Commission about protecting children’s privacy online.
While no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure from intrusion, we maintain reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your information. However, it is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications despite our efforts to prevent this, and we therefore make no guarantees regarding the security of user information.
8. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS.
Under California Law, California residents have the right to request from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship information that the business has disclosed (if any) with third parties during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To request the above information, write to us (with a reference to California Disclosure Information) at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to such requests for information access within 30 days following receipt at the e-mail or mailing address stated above. If we receive your request at a different e-mail or mailing address, we will respond within a reasonable period of time, but not to exceed 150 days from the date received. Please note that we are only required to respond to each customer once per calendar year.
9. INTEGRATION OF THIRD-PARTY PLATFORMS AND SERVICES.
12. INTERNATIONAL USAGE.
The Services are controlled, operated, and administered entirely within the United States. If you visit, access, interact with, and/or otherwise use the Services from a location outside the United States, please be advised that any information you provide in connection with any such activity may be processed in and/or transferred to the United States of America and/or other territories and locations, where privacy protections may not be as comprehensive as those in the territory or location where you interact with or otherwise use the Services. By using the Services, you affirmatively consent to the transfer, use, disclosure, provision, and other administration of your information as described herein.
13. CONTACT US.
14. SOLE STATEMENT.