Thursday, October 6th, 2022
ATLANTA – Today, Team Herschel released a statement on Raphael Warnock’s continued inaction on the crisis at the border. As a record number of illegal immigrants and fentanyl flood across the border, Raphael Warnock continues to vote with Joe Biden.
After Georgia residents reached out to Raphael Warnock’s Senate office expressing concern over the border crisis, the response email stated, “This is a critically important issue to our nation. … Congress must provide the resources necessary to keep our border secure and keep our communities safe.”
To read the full response letter, please see below:
However, Warnock’s votes on the border tell another story:
- Warnock voted against sending resources to the border to detain and deport a higher number of illegal immigrants with criminal records.
- Warnock voted against preventing illegal immigrants from becoming lawful, permanent residents of the United States.
- Warnock voted against prohibiting the cancellation of border wall contracts.
- Warnock voted to confirm border crisis denier, Chris Magnus, to be Commissioner of U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
- Warnock voted against a bill that would direct $300 million for anti-narcotic and -opioid activities carried out by CBP.
“Raphael Warnock’s inaction on the crisis at the U.S.-Mexico border is making communites across Georiga more dangerous,” said campaign spokesman Will Kiley. “Warnock claims the border is a critically important issue for our nation, yet he goes to Washington and sides with Biden and his open border policies, continually voting against securing the southern border. Warnock will always put Joe Biden’s radical agenda over Georgia citizens and their safety.”