Tuesday, October 11th, 2022
ATLANTA – Today, Team Herschel released the following statement following the news that the September jobs report was the worst report of the year.
“Raphael Warnock’s blind loyalty to Joe Biden’s reckless agenda has caused historically high inflation, an economic recession, and a $31 trillion deficit, but also the worst jobs report of 2022,” said campaign spokesman Will Kiley. “By voting with Biden over 96% of the time, Warnock is clearly more interested in subscribing to the Biden woke agenda than fixing our broken economy. We cannot afford to continue down this road which has already put our economy in the gutter.”
- The economy added just 263,000 jobs in September, making this the worst jobs report of the year and the second-fewest jobs added since the COVID recovery began.
- Biden turned a recovery into a recession – the U.S. economy has now shrunk for two consecutive quarters, meeting the definition of a recession that Democrats and Biden’s own economic advisors have previously touted.
- Despite this, Biden and Democrats passed their Bidenflation Scam designed to raise taxes on families during a recession and hire 87,000 new IRS agents that will go after the middle class.
- Biden also wants to bail out student debt – a handout to the rich that will cost taxpayers billions and worsen inflation.
- U.S. average gas prices are on the rise, currently sitting at $3.89 per gallon which is more than $1.50 higher than when Biden became president.
- Inflation remains at 40-year high levels, with Americans paying higher prices for just about everything.
- The American people see just how bad things are and overwhelmingly blame Biden for his poor handling of the economy.